Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Volume One


In the downtime of waiting for our favorite shows to come back on TV my friends and I started watching Heroes at my request (they'd already seen both seasons but I insisted we should rewatch). Television and I have a strange relationship. If I don't watch something when it airs, and then people tell me that it's really really good, I all of a sudden NEVER want to watch that show. I was that way with LOST too and look how that turned out. Anyway more importantly I have opened my heart to Heroes and need to watch both seasons before September when Volume Three premieres.

Last night we finished Volume One. Heroes is very similar to LOST in its storyline sense where all the characters, though introduced separately and having no knowledge of it, are actually all interconnected to each other and in that same way makes it difficult to determine who is "good" and who is "bad". Heroes, however, actually does a much better job of blurring that line. The characters are all incredibly likable. Their plights are something I could totally buy into from every angle. Just when you think you really hate someone, or when you've finally figured out that they're a villain, they show you a side of that character that completely alters your perception of them. The only character I really hated was Sylar, and they even managed to show a side of him that (almost) made me compassionate.

Overall a really great story line. Totes excited to start Volume Two!

1 comment: