Thursday, October 9, 2008

You've Got The Hunger


So since I had Ed Westwick fever I skipped over chatting about Heroes this week, but frankly it was such an insane episode I think we need to go back and examine. I had serious concerns about this episode because last week's preview showed a tamed Sylar cooking breakfast and cheerily greeting Peter and frankly I can't support a nonpsychotic Sylar. I was greeeatly pleased to see that the teaser was misleading and the whole episode is fucking awesome. This season has been doing a great job of manipulating my views of characters (a la LOST) so I think it's time to take a minute to discuss.

Sylar, for starters. Okay I was greatly pleased to see that Gabriel Gray was not some magical transformation he had gone through from being partnered with HRG but rather Future Gabriel who says he controls his maniacal desire to kill everyone in sight because of his son, who is conveniently named Noah (who slept with him!?!?) - AND he has Mr. Muggles!!!

So clearly HRG and Mama Bennet are both dead and Sylar has taken over the Bennet house. Also, a big tx to Heroes for showing us what exactly Sylar's power is (intuitive ability) and that it is able to be absorbed- I don't know why I felt like it was unabsorbable but I guess it's because they've never really explained what exactly it is that Sylar does besides kill people and then somehow have their ability afterwards.

Peter is now turning into the Jack of Heroes in my opinion. Future Peter went into the past and fucked everything up. Then he brings Peter into the future and tells him to find Sylar and promptly is killed by Future Claire (who has turned into a raging brunette bitch bent on killing both of him), sending Peter on a quest to Costa Verde, absorbing Sylar's power, killing Sylar's son and therefore 200,000 other people (damn that radioactive exploding power), fucking the future up even more, then going and murdering his own brother because he has The Hunger and because he can't stop fucking everything up.

Mohinder.. time to die, seriously. He's a greedy naive fool who was jealous of the people with abilities. He gave Sylar his powers back even after he's murdered countless people, including his father, and tried to blow up New York City. Then he injected himself with a formula he conconcted cause he thinks he's smart and wanted to give himself a power, but now he's turning into something like the Fly. Die die die die. I'm so over this fool.

I don't exactly know how I feel about people in the future being able to give themselves powers, and I don't know how I feel about some of our current characters having been given their power (Nathan Petrelli for example). It seems to just generally cheapen the fact that therer are people with amazing abilities, and the whole "these people are the evolution of humanity" theme. Only time shall tell I guess.

No comments: