Monday, May 19, 2008

Why So Serious-ly Gay?

Even though I am really scared of rollercoasters (only because I'm scared they will make me throw up), I also really really love rollercoasters. It took Marlee about 25 minutes of convincing plus phone calls to people who had already been on the ride plus her having to deal with me freaking out for the entire line to get me to go on Kingda Ka, but once it was said and done I really loved it. I was really really excited to hear that they were coming out with Dark Knight rollercoaster at Great Adventure this summer because even though they terrify me, rollercoasters are still really awesome.

When it was announced that DK was going to be a Wild Mouse coaster, I was immediately a little disappointed. The most thrilling thing about this kind of coaster is unexpected twists and turns, which I guess I could imagine might be scary in the dark with the Joker and all that other Batman shit. Unfortunately, the promo video that Six Flags released for the ride makes it seem just about as dull as humanly possible.



Has anyone been on this ride? Is it as horribly unentertaining as it looks? I'm hoping that maybe this is just a bad representation of the ride but realistically it probably isn't.

And just for good measure: Kingda Ka in all his glory.

1 comment:

Sean said...

I saw that press video for DK also, that shit looks mad gay.