Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Luv Ya New York


First of all, I love that shirt. I saw some guy standing outside my work a few months ago and it made me giggle. Second of all, it brings up an important thought that goes through my head every morning. The streets of NYC are littered with people trying to sell I <3 NY shirts, various New York City shirts and the ever-popular New York Fuckin' City shirt. If you're not from the city (and even if you are) I could image the appeal of having an I <3 NY shirt and I'd be lying if I said there probably wasn't one in my room somewhere. But the real problem is, why are so many people walking around the city WEARING them? Do you go into the store, buy it, run into a Starbucks and get changed? Was there some part of you that thought it would make you look cool or native? Just in case you were misguided- its not cool. Stop. It's like wearing a shirt that says "I'm From Ohio Or Some Other State You Don't Care About". Jesus christ people.

No comments: